Does ISHRemote only see a Document Object if it has object, version and language layer present?

Hi,

I am still researching and trying to understand the workings of ISHRemote for manipulating objects in Tridion Docs.

While testing various calls to Get-IshDocumentObj it appears to sometimes remove only the language layer of a document object.

When I view the document object in Tridion Web Client I can still see the Object and Version layer. However, when I test further attempts to get or remove this object view ISHRemote, it doesn't find it.

Can anyone explain the visibility of a topic object in Tridion Web Client that cannot be seen via call to Get-IshDocumentObj using ISHRemote?

Any feedback appreciated,

Regards,

Ann

Parents
  • Hi Ann,

We love facts here... can you describe exactly what you see in the web client (screenshot). What code you are triggering (with which FilterMetadata and RequestedMetadata parameters, etc)? And describe the actual result you get, and then the expected result?

ISHRemote only offers full logical-version-language objects.

Best wishes,
    Dave

• Hi Dave,

So my folder structure in Tridion Docs is as follows:

rootFolder (DITA101)

- root map (rootDITA101.ditamap)

- subfolder (Topics)

- subfolder (Topics)

- concept topic

- reference topic 1

- reference topic 2

- reference topic 3 (Training Instructions)

And the PowerShell script code is as follows:

cls
    # Connect to Tridion
    $ishSession = New-IshSession -WsBaseUrl <URL> -PSCredential <login>
    Get-IshVersion -IshSession $ishSession

#Test folder
    $rootFolderPath = 'General\Import\DITA101\'
    $topicsFolderPath = 'General\Import\DITA101\Topics\'

#Process map in root folder
    try {
    'Remove root map with Remove-IshDocumentObj'
    Get-IshFolder -IshSession $ishSession -FolderPath $rootFolderPath -Recurse | Get-IshFolderContent -IshSession $ishSession | Remove-IshDocumentObj -IshSession $ishSession -Force

}
    catch {
      'Failed to remove root map'
    }

#Process topics
    try {
    'Remove topics with Remove-IshDocumentObj'
    Get-IshFolder -IshSession $ishSession -FolderPath $rootFolderPath -Recurse | Get-IshFolderContent -IshSession $ishSession | Remove-IshDocumentObj -IshSession $ishSession -Force
    }
    catch {
      'Failed to remove docs'
    }

I have attached a screenshot of one of the 4 topics in Tridion before I ran the script and then after I ran the script.

For some reason this object is not being removed and it has not version or language layer.

Screenshot of Trados Studio interface showing a reference topic titled 'Training Instructions' with status 'To be translated' in English language.

Screenshot of Trados Studio interface with a message 'There are no versions for this object' indicating an issue with the reference topic 'Training Instructions'.

Regards,

Ann

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 4:03 AM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
  • Hi Dave,

So my folder structure in Tridion Docs is as follows:

rootFolder (DITA101)

- root map (rootDITA101.ditamap)

- subfolder (Topics)

- subfolder (Topics)

- concept topic

- reference topic 1

- reference topic 2

- reference topic 3 (Training Instructions)

And the PowerShell script code is as follows:

cls
    # Connect to Tridion
    $ishSession = New-IshSession -WsBaseUrl <URL> -PSCredential <login>
    Get-IshVersion -IshSession $ishSession

#Test folder
    $rootFolderPath = 'General\Import\DITA101\'
    $topicsFolderPath = 'General\Import\DITA101\Topics\'

#Process map in root folder
    try {
    'Remove root map with Remove-IshDocumentObj'

}
    catch {
      'Failed to remove root map'
    }

#Process topics
    try {
    'Remove topics with Remove-IshDocumentObj'
    }
    catch {
      'Failed to remove docs'
    }

I have attached a screenshot of one of the 4 topics in Tridion before I ran the script and then after I ran the script.

For some reason this object is not being removed and it has not version or language layer.

Screenshot of Trados Studio interface showing a reference topic titled 'Training Instructions' with status 'To be translated' in English language.

Screenshot of Trados Studio interface with a message 'There are no versions for this object' indicating an issue with the reference topic 'Training Instructions'.

Regards,

Ann

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 4:03 AM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
Children
No Data