Idea Delivered

Effective with XPP 9.5, you can now sort the list of colors in the XPP color editor by any of its columns such as Number, Color Name, Type, etc., enabling you to more easily manage large lists of colors.
For more information about this enhancement, reference "XML Professional Publisher: Tints, Color, and Pattern Managment."

Color Spec file

There is no ability to auto sort the new color spec - in the old days it would be in strict numerical order - now its difficult to know what numerbs have been used and what have not.

Parents
  • Yes I can see that this becomes a problem over time.
    It should not be a big problem for engineering to add a 'sort numerically' entry in the interface to rearrange your color spec.
    And while we are there why not add the possibility to sort alphabetically based on the color names - this would make it easier to find a particular color.
    Or what about a 'find color' entry that allows you to search for a particular (partially) color name?

At first I was like Mark and thought well the color spec file is ascii, how hard is it to write a script that does that for you.
    But at second thoughts I think this really should be integrated in the interface.

Comment
  • Yes I can see that this becomes a problem over time.
    It should not be a big problem for engineering to add a 'sort numerically' entry in the interface to rearrange your color spec.
    And while we are there why not add the possibility to sort alphabetically based on the color names - this would make it easier to find a particular color.
    Or what about a 'find color' entry that allows you to search for a particular (partially) color name?

At first I was like Mark and thought well the color spec file is ascii, how hard is it to write a script that does that for you.
    But at second thoughts I think this really should be integrated in the interface.

Children
No Data