Enable changes to Vendor assignments after project has started

I would to be able to reassign a project to a different vendor after the Project Planning stage. It would give us more flexibility in cases where one vendor suddenly becomes unavailable. Currently, I would have to create a completely new project, which costs more time.

Here's what the RWS Support told me regarding this issue:

"Kindly note, The Vendor tab becomes unavailable if the project planner tries to assign batch 2 task at Project Planning stage. This is by design.

KB article for reference: https://gateway.sdl.com/apex/communityknowledge?articleName=000019614

Having a single plan for the entire project, if a task was planned to be done by user/group, in all the batches that task has to be done in-house. It cannot be assigned to vendor after the first batch project planning was completed. "

I think this is quite inefficient, so would be great if TE could offer more flexibility here.

Parents
  • I still can't reassign to a different vendor after the project started. I tried it during project planning and also after project planning has been completed. Even though it doesn't make sense to reassign AFTER project planning. What could have gone wrong on my side?

Comment
  • I still can't reassign to a different vendor after the project started. I tried it during project planning and also after project planning has been completed. Even though it doesn't make sense to reassign AFTER project planning. What could have gone wrong on my side?

Children
No Data