Idea Delivered

When Vendor orders are generated can now be defined, see  Trados Enterprise - 24.02.1 Release 

Generating the vendor quotes for different tasks one after another (not simultaneously)

Currently, when we complete the Project Planning step of a workflow, and if a Translation task and a DTP task are assigned to a vendor, the 2 vendor quotes are generated at the same time. On his/her interface, the vendor sees a vendor quote for the Translation task and another one for the DTP task whereas the DTP task is not appearing on his/her interface yet. That process is confusing to the vendors.

Parents
  • This was developed this way to not cause delays down the line, i.e. the Quote Review could be done ahead of time, so that when the task hits, it can be worked on without having to wait for the quoting process.

If the task is going to the same Vendor, do you also do the Quote Review twice? Could the review for both not be done in the initial vendor quote review? And skipped during DTP as an example? The Quote Review is optional.

Having said that, we are planning to give more control over when exactly the Quote review is triggered.

• Hi  ,

I'm afraid the Vendor Quote Review tasks can't be excluded from the project workflows. I've tried that and, with the help of RWS Support teams, we noticed that once the task is excluded from the worklfow, the vendor quote wasn't made available to the vendor in question, on his/her interface. He/she couldn't download it on his/her end.

It's good to know that your team is planning in giving more control to the user over the Vendor Quote Review tasks but I hope you will consider to generate the vendor quotes one by one, not simultaneously, as soon as the Project Planning task is completed.

And please make sure the vendor quotes can be edited after the corresponding task is completed. I'm referring to the Linguistic Review task and the DTP task. The time spend by a vendor on these kind of tasks can't be determined in advance. Sometimes, the review of a translation takes longer or shorter than expected. And we need the vendor quote to reflect that.  

• Hi Carla,

Thanks for the feedback.

Item #1: should be resolved with the new Vendor Orders area we introduced last week, maybe something to review with Support.

Item #2: we will introduce four options, so you can pick the most suitable for your way of working, as it was impossible to pick one that suits everyone and with branching workflows not all files may reach a Vendor task, depending on the route they take:
    1. Wait for all files - Hold and wait for all files to reach the task and only then generate a quote
    2. Quote per file - Create a quote for each file that reaches the vendor
    3. Quote on first file - Create a quote once the first file reaches the vendor, then increase quote for each subsequent file
    4. Quote after Batch completed - Assume all files will reach the task, i.e. quote is decreased if not all files reach the Vendor

Item 3#: This would need more work as a feature, how would the Vendor submit the quote back to you at the end? At this point, this also would no longer be a quote but an invoice?
    In these cases we assume the Vendor currently will send an invoice offline after the fact with the final costs.

Comment
  • Hi Carla,

Thanks for the feedback.

Item #1: should be resolved with the new Vendor Orders area we introduced last week, maybe something to review with Support.

Item #2: we will introduce four options, so you can pick the most suitable for your way of working, as it was impossible to pick one that suits everyone and with branching workflows not all files may reach a Vendor task, depending on the route they take:
    1. Wait for all files - Hold and wait for all files to reach the task and only then generate a quote
    2. Quote per file - Create a quote for each file that reaches the vendor
    3. Quote on first file - Create a quote once the first file reaches the vendor, then increase quote for each subsequent file
    4. Quote after Batch completed - Assume all files will reach the task, i.e. quote is decreased if not all files reach the Vendor

Item 3#: This would need more work as a feature, how would the Vendor submit the quote back to you at the end? At this point, this also would no longer be a quote but an invoice?
    In these cases we assume the Vendor currently will send an invoice offline after the fact with the final costs.

Children
No Data