Idea Delivered Partially

This is partially available - see https://docs.rws.com/879834/879042/trados-terminology/linking-termbase-entries-to-images. So basically there is specific functionality to put image URLs into text fields, and the images the URL points to will then be displayed.

Steps:

1. Find a text field in your entry - in this case, the field is called "Illustration" and open it for editing. You will find an "Insert Image" button: 

2. This opens the Insert Image dialog box. Here, you can paste any URL to an image (e.g. by copying the image URL in your browser; in Chrome, you can right-click on any image and select "Copy Image URL"):

3. You can now confirm the text field edit and the picture should display:

Thanks 

Add images to Terminology entries

It's currently not possible in Language Cloud, would be great to have this feature.

Parents
  • Question: Does the image link need to be maintained or does this function like an upload? So, if I remove the image at the link source, will it still display in Trados?

• Hi - this function does not work like an upload - so if you remove the image at the link source, it won't display anymore in Trados Terminology, either. We have such image upload functionality on our backlog. However, I can't give any information on timing of delivery of that feature at this point in time. Hence "Idea delivered partially" as the status for this idea. We will set it to "Idea Delivered" when the image upload becomes available. Thanks, Daniel

Comment
  • Hi - this function does not work like an upload - so if you remove the image at the link source, it won't display anymore in Trados Terminology, either. We have such image upload functionality on our backlog. However, I can't give any information on timing of delivery of that feature at this point in time. Hence "Idea delivered partially" as the status for this idea. We will set it to "Idea Delivered" when the image upload becomes available. Thanks, Daniel

Children
No Data