Under Community Review

Enhancing Subtitling Studio Plugin - Introducing Mouse-based Playback Control

Hi there,

I wanted to share an idea with you to further enhance the Subtitling Studio Plugin, specifically regarding the playback functionality.

I believe it would greatly improve the user experience if we could have a simple feature that allows us to play and pause the loaded video in Trados by simply hovering over a frame and using a left-click. This option could be conveniently added to the plugin menu, making it easily accessible while working on subtitles.

By introducing mouse-based playback control, we can streamline the subtitling process and have a more seamless workflow. This feature would enable us to preview the video content without the need to switch between different applications or rely solely on keyboard shortcuts.

I believe this addition would greatly benefit translators using the Subtitling Studio Plugin, providing a more intuitive and efficient way to navigate through the video during translation.

Best regards,

Marek

Parents
  •  I wonder if you can get close to what you're after already by working with the wave form and the play button underneath it?

Screenshot of a subtitling preview window with two lines of subtitles: 'Do not get me in trouble.' and 'Don't touch anything.' A waveform is visible below with a section highlighted and labeled (1), and a play button labeled (2).

You can stop and start using the mouse by clicking on the "Play" button in (2); and you can quickly navigate to the location you want in the video by clicking in the waveform (1)?  What's the benefit of doing this in the video itself as opposed to the play button?

Comment
  •  I wonder if you can get close to what you're after already by working with the wave form and the play button underneath it?

Screenshot of a subtitling preview window with two lines of subtitles: 'Do not get me in trouble.' and 'Don't touch anything.' A waveform is visible below with a section highlighted and labeled (1), and a play button labeled (2).

You can stop and start using the mouse by clicking on the "Play" button in (2); and you can quickly navigate to the location you want in the video by clicking in the waveform (1)?  What's the benefit of doing this in the video itself as opposed to the play button?

Children
No Data