Not Considering

We are very unlikely to consider changes to this app as the functionality is virtually completely replaced by out of the box functionality.

More setting in the SDL XLIFF Converter for Microsoft Office App

Hi all,

I recently found out an issue in the SDL XLIFF Converter for Microsoft Office external App for Studio. It seems like this App allows to make changes in locked segments in the bilingual table it creates, as it does not differentiate the status, so when a linguist is working on the bilingual table created with this App and makes tracked changes, then the App will allow you to import the changes also into the locked segments in the sdlxliff, including tracked changes. When this is done, you cannot accept nor reject the changes in Studio because it warns you that the segment is locked, but you cannot unlock it either, so in that case you are stuck...

In normal circumstances, locked segments could not be edited (and that's why we cannot accept the changes) but it doesn't really make sense to be able to import changes from the table into the locked segments if we are not going to be able to accept them nor unlock them later on... so that's why I miss some settings in the App to avoid making changes in the locked segments or at least to avoid importing those changes into the locked segments in the sdlxliff, as it happens when using the Studio Batch Task Export for External Review, which works fine in this case.

I'm requesting this because using the external App is much faster and convenient when working on different projects and languages as it allows you to load as many files from different projects and languages as you may need without having to open the projects in Studio at all, so it is very useful for us working on different projects (not from the linguist point of view but from engineering support).

Could we have an option to add a segment exclusion list for locked segments:

Or maybe include locked segments in the Status Categories of the Colors and segment locking options:

To sum up, it would be great if the external App worked just like the Batch Task, which does not allow to import the changes in the locked segments...

Thanks very much and kind regards,
Elisa
Parents Comment Children
No Data