Idea Delivered

Hi all,

GroupShare 2017 SR1 released in November 2017 now allows you to re-attach a container again as in 2015.

Thanks,
Luis

DB Containers: Backup/Restore between two GS 2017 instances

Hi all,

I have two server pairs with already installed and running GS 2017. Lets call one "productive" and second "test" server. I want to automatically backup DB container in productive SQL server and restore it on the test SQL server. It worked without any issues within GS2015. I took all containers and restored them on the other server, i only had to change one SQL line in the SDLSystem container and the test Application server automatically picked up the containers. I am trying to do same with GS2017.

OK, there is additional container other than SDLSystem called TMService where i have to change some SQL tables as well. This is fine and after restore and all the necessary changes, i can see the containers from the GS Web UI, i can manipulate with resources, Export/Import/Create. But i am not able to log and use resources from this GS test server from Studio Client (2017). 

Any idea how to tackle this problem or where to check? Of course there is not any error message in the SDL logs (application, execution, etc...), all seems to be OK.

Any help would be very appreciated.

thanks and regards,

Fana

• Hi, i see this was marked as planned for future release. But that actually did not answer any of my questions above. In version 2015 was pretty easy setup automation powershell + sql scripts and the containers could be moved between the servers.

Could you please let me know more details?

thank you and regards,

Fana