Not Considering

This is more of a commercial question, rather than product. I have passed on the feedback internally, but not much we can do from a product perspective here.

Make pricing publicly available

If I'm interested in a product, I don't want to have to enter loads of personal details and have to ask for a price in a written message. I want to know the price even before getting into deeper research, because it legitimately annoys me if I spend half a day researching product functions just to find out it is way to expensive for the way I'd apply it.

Parents
  • Hi , I would like to contribute a bit to this conversation and also answer some of your questions. You are right about Paul - he is great and helps our customers a lot, they all love him :). Your question about prices is not as simple as it sounds. We sell our products world-wide to a very wide range of customers. SDL GroupShare prices vary based on a number of factors: continent, country, customer profile and needs, quantity, time of year, proximity to a release, what other products are sold in the bundle and others that only our Sales team fully understand.

We do show prices up front though for some of the products:

http://www.sdl.com/store/

I am sorry to hear about your experience when asking for a price and that you had to wait for so long. On the page I gave you above, on the left, you have a Live Chat option. That team works UK hours, so during normal work hours, you can talk to someone Live, no need to wait! If you do decide to contact them after hours, they will get an email and normally respond the second day.

I am part of the Support team and I support our GroupShare products and also SDL Trados Studio. GroupShare Cloud seems like it would be what you need in terms of sharing translation work, TMs, termbases. However, as of now, the terminology functionality that you are looking for does not exist. One can add/edit terms and they will be available in real time for all users, but there is no process in place for accepting terms a translator suggests. This would be a great idea though, so if you don't mind, please submit one that asks specifically for that. Our GroupShare Cloud offering comes with Support, so you will have direct access to the support team for any questions you may have - we answer very quickly to cases. Plus, once you have that, you will also have access to the Support phone line so you can call us.

We always encourage our customers to communicate with us and give us feedback as we are constantly trying to improve and we will make everything we can to help, so please do that in the future too. Here is the link to our user community forum.

community.sdl.com/.../

Thank you,

Adrian

Comment
  • Hi , I would like to contribute a bit to this conversation and also answer some of your questions. You are right about Paul - he is great and helps our customers a lot, they all love him :). Your question about prices is not as simple as it sounds. We sell our products world-wide to a very wide range of customers. SDL GroupShare prices vary based on a number of factors: continent, country, customer profile and needs, quantity, time of year, proximity to a release, what other products are sold in the bundle and others that only our Sales team fully understand.

We do show prices up front though for some of the products:

http://www.sdl.com/store/

I am sorry to hear about your experience when asking for a price and that you had to wait for so long. On the page I gave you above, on the left, you have a Live Chat option. That team works UK hours, so during normal work hours, you can talk to someone Live, no need to wait! If you do decide to contact them after hours, they will get an email and normally respond the second day.

I am part of the Support team and I support our GroupShare products and also SDL Trados Studio. GroupShare Cloud seems like it would be what you need in terms of sharing translation work, TMs, termbases. However, as of now, the terminology functionality that you are looking for does not exist. One can add/edit terms and they will be available in real time for all users, but there is no process in place for accepting terms a translator suggests. This would be a great idea though, so if you don't mind, please submit one that asks specifically for that. Our GroupShare Cloud offering comes with Support, so you will have direct access to the support team for any questions you may have - we answer very quickly to cases. Plus, once you have that, you will also have access to the Support phone line so you can call us.

We always encourage our customers to communicate with us and give us feedback as we are constantly trying to improve and we will make everything we can to help, so please do that in the future too. Here is the link to our user community forum.

community.sdl.com/.../

Thank you,

Adrian

Children
No Data