Under Community Review

Add font mapping for Korean by default

KO is commonly requested for localization as one of the four main APAC languages (CCJK).  The default languages displayed under the font adaptation options on a filetype should include Korean, using Malgun Gothic mapped to all source fonts?  So these should be the defaults:

Font mapping settings in Trados Studio showing 'Use font mapping for the following target languages' with Korean (Korea) selected and Malgun Gothic mapped to all source fonts.

Parents
  • My understanding is that font mapping settings only apply to target files after reintegration to idml, docx, pptx, etc. If Font mapping is enabled, then these fonts are applied in the target output files. I don't think there is any correlation with Studio Editor? Trados Studio Ideas font mapping settings window showing options for Adobe InDesign with a list of target languages including Arabic, Chinese, Hebrew, Japanese, Thai, and Vietnamese.

•  

Your understanding is correct!  I think a complete misunderstanding here. Probably thinking about this and not the filetype settings:

A software interface for selecting default language fonts. The current settings are for the Korean language, represented by the Korean flag, with the selected font being 'Malgun Gothic'.

So really you just want to have Korean font mapping in the filetype options?  Have you tried adding it?  Just right click to add a language then right click on the language when it's been added and add your font:

A software interface for 'Font mapping' that allows users to map fonts for specific languages. There's a list of target languages like Arabic, Chinese, Hebrew, Japanese, Korean, Thai, and Vietnamese. The Korean option is expanded showing 'Malgun Gothic' as the selected font with an alternative option '<AllFonts>'.

Comment
  •  

Your understanding is correct!  I think a complete misunderstanding here. Probably thinking about this and not the filetype settings:

A software interface for selecting default language fonts. The current settings are for the Korean language, represented by the Korean flag, with the selected font being 'Malgun Gothic'.

So really you just want to have Korean font mapping in the filetype options?  Have you tried adding it?  Just right click to add a language then right click on the language when it's been added and add your font:

A software interface for 'Font mapping' that allows users to map fonts for specific languages. There's a list of target languages like Arabic, Chinese, Hebrew, Japanese, Korean, Thai, and Vietnamese. The Korean option is expanded showing 'Malgun Gothic' as the selected font with an alternative option '<AllFonts>'.

Children
No Data