Add language code to filenames after Generate Target Translations (batch)

It would be very helpful to have an option to add a suffix (e.g. the language code) when generating target files in bulk (through a Batch Task). I sometimes have 50 small files that need to be delivered with a language code at the end of the name, but I have to add them manually.

Instead of generating filenames that are the same as the source filenames, I would like a box that allows you to create the files with (for example) "ES" (Spanish) or "EN-uk" (English) at the end. The best would be to leave the suffix open for the user to choose, because different clients request different filename formats, e.g.:

- Text1 → Text1_ES

- Text2 → Text2_EN-uk

etc.

I know there's other quick ways to do this, for example, with File Rename software, but this is so basic that I think Trados should be able to do it.

Parents
  • Thanks Daniel! Yes, it's great new something already exists. However, it can't be customized so its use is limited to clients who want exactly what it can do: adding the official Trados language code but not e.g. "Dutch" or "Nederlands" if the client wishes so. So, my proposal actually goes further than this very useful app.

Comment
  • Thanks Daniel! Yes, it's great new something already exists. However, it can't be customized so its use is limited to clients who want exactly what it can do: adding the official Trados language code but not e.g. "Dutch" or "Nederlands" if the client wishes so. So, my proposal actually goes further than this very useful app.

Children
No Data