Under Community Review

Allow assigning individual shortcuts to all segment statuses. Shortcuts must work and be identical in all views (translation, review, sign-off)

I'd really like to be able to make better use of the different segment statuses in order to give myself, other translators and proofreaders more info about the content of a specific segment - is it a quote from a legal act or an earlier version of the same document, did I just guess it (so please take a good look at it, proofreader!) or was it well researched in a credible source (meaning: don't you dare touch it, proofreader!) 

Personally, I'd also prefer those statuses to have more neutral names (like level 1 to 5) or have corresponding colours that can be defined to mean whatever you need them to mean in the respective context. 

Parents
  • I also make heavy use of the different segment status values -- but not for their intended use.

I use "Translation rejected", "Translation accepted", "Sign-off rejected", "Signed off" during translation as a convenient way to separate groups of segments that I want to handle separately.

The reason I do this is because there is no other way to assign segments to arbitrary groups.

I would much prefer being able to define labels that I could assign to groups of segments and filter on or search for.

That way, for example, I could define a "Group A" label, assign the "Group A" label to some segments,  use a filter (or the advanced display filter) to view all the segments in "Group A", and then work on those segments without seeing the rest of the segments. Or search for the next "Group A" segment using the GoTo window.

The labels would not be a status, so my "Group A" segments could have any status, i.e. not translated, draft, confirmed, etc.

If you add more status values, like "level X", instead, then when a segment is edited and confirmed, its status would change from "level X" to "confirmed" or "translation approved" or "signed off".

Using separate labels would ensure that the segment retained the "Group A" label regardless of its status.

Best regards,

Bruce Campbell

ASAP Language Services

Comment
  • I also make heavy use of the different segment status values -- but not for their intended use.

I use "Translation rejected", "Translation accepted", "Sign-off rejected", "Signed off" during translation as a convenient way to separate groups of segments that I want to handle separately.

The reason I do this is because there is no other way to assign segments to arbitrary groups.

I would much prefer being able to define labels that I could assign to groups of segments and filter on or search for.

That way, for example, I could define a "Group A" label, assign the "Group A" label to some segments,  use a filter (or the advanced display filter) to view all the segments in "Group A", and then work on those segments without seeing the rest of the segments. Or search for the next "Group A" segment using the GoTo window.

The labels would not be a status, so my "Group A" segments could have any status, i.e. not translated, draft, confirmed, etc.

If you add more status values, like "level X", instead, then when a segment is edited and confirmed, its status would change from "level X" to "confirmed" or "translation approved" or "signed off".

Using separate labels would ensure that the segment retained the "Group A" label regardless of its status.

Best regards,

Bruce Campbell

ASAP Language Services

Children
No Data