Under Community Review

Block the use of Automated Translation engines

It would be very helpful for Project Managers to have a checkbox in the Studio package creation wizard, which would allow them to block the possibility for the freelance translator to add an Automated Translation engine to the project, thus ensuring that the requirement of the customer to not use Automated Translation engines is kept.

Parents
  • I agree. A fair scattering of clients are very "iffy" about Cloud-based solutions. In addition, the providers of Cloud storage guarantee confidentiality - with a catch: some of the content they carry is outsourced to third parties that may not provide the same standards of confidentiality. I daresay this empty promise may also apply to some cloud- or network-based translation engines, and the service provided by them does not meet e.g. Swiss banking secrecy requirements. I hope you get plenty of approvals for our idea.

Comment
  • I agree. A fair scattering of clients are very "iffy" about Cloud-based solutions. In addition, the providers of Cloud storage guarantee confidentiality - with a catch: some of the content they carry is outsourced to third parties that may not provide the same standards of confidentiality. I daresay this empty promise may also apply to some cloud- or network-based translation engines, and the service provided by them does not meet e.g. Swiss banking secrecy requirements. I hope you get plenty of approvals for our idea.

Children
No Data