Under Community Review

Creation of a project termbase for translation packages

As far as I know we currently have only 2 ways to connect to glossaries, first by including the offline termbase, the second by connecting a server-based TB. My idea would be to generate a project based termbase including only project related terms. This for multiple purposes, here my main points: 1. reducing size of translation kits 2. you're not forced to share your entire TB, especially when this is about a generic/industry one 3. you're delivering the base to exchange a project based piece of terminology with the translator as he\she will have the base to implement and return the delta for that specific job and the receiver will always be in the position to decide how to treat it looking at the big picture (greater TB, customer approval process etc).

Best, Matteo Rozzarin

Parents
  • Great idea! Because of that issue I export the server-based TB once a month in order to create  updated offline termbases to add to the project packages. It's time consuming and also packages with very few translatable content often get to HUGE to handle them properly.

Comment
  • Great idea! Because of that issue I export the server-based TB once a month in order to create  updated offline termbases to add to the project packages. It's time consuming and also packages with very few translatable content often get to HUGE to handle them properly.

Children
No Data