Under Community Review

Do not show untranslatable segments when inline elements have include as segmentation hint

When an entire segment is set to untranslatable but it includes an inline element that has the segmentation hint set to include, the entire segment is shown in the editor as locked.

Completely unnecessary behaviour.

Parents
  • Not really...

Coincidentally I'm now working on a project which has a lot of such segments (e.g. examples of commandline commands, parts of configuration files, spreadsheet formulas, etc.) and they give a VERY USEFUL context for the translators.

So from my perspective showing/hiding such segments should be definitely user-configurable (with the default option being "show", to not break the current behavior, of course).

And while we are at that, I believe that such segments could be also (optionally, again by some user setting) considered the same as "Locked" segments... as I don't really see much difference between "Locked" segment and segment containing only locked content. (Yes, I know there IS a slight difference... that's why I vote for this behavior to be optional, so that one CAN distinguish between these two if needed)

Comment
  • Not really...

Coincidentally I'm now working on a project which has a lot of such segments (e.g. examples of commandline commands, parts of configuration files, spreadsheet formulas, etc.) and they give a VERY USEFUL context for the translators.

So from my perspective showing/hiding such segments should be definitely user-configurable (with the default option being "show", to not break the current behavior, of course).

And while we are at that, I believe that such segments could be also (optionally, again by some user setting) considered the same as "Locked" segments... as I don't really see much difference between "Locked" segment and segment containing only locked content. (Yes, I know there IS a slight difference... that's why I vote for this behavior to be optional, so that one CAN distinguish between these two if needed)

Children
No Data