Under Community Review

Easy way to add a single translation unit to a TM

There seems to be no easy way to easily add a single translation unit to a TM; plenty of forums exist where users have vented their frustration at this and have needed to suggest workarounds which really shouldn't be necessary (a T-Window plug-in or to even overwrite an existing unit in the TM, such as a duplicate). Is there a reason this basic database function has never existed in Studio (as it does in Madcap Lingo)?

Parents
  • The same would be extremely useful for Termbases. Quickly adding a term on the go, not by selecting what is already written in source and target, but just out of your head.

So far, I have to press Alt+F2 to enable source editing just anywhere to add a term, then type the term I need to add, then type its translation in target, and so on... Then again Alt+F2 to delete the term from source. A bit complicated.

But in this case, as far as I understand, if this feature is delivered, the need for Multiterm will no longer exist... lol

Comment
  • The same would be extremely useful for Termbases. Quickly adding a term on the go, not by selecting what is already written in source and target, but just out of your head.

So far, I have to press Alt+F2 to enable source editing just anywhere to add a term, then type the term I need to add, then type its translation in target, and so on... Then again Alt+F2 to delete the term from source. A bit complicated.

But in this case, as far as I understand, if this feature is delivered, the need for Multiterm will no longer exist... lol

Children
No Data