Under Community Review

Export SOURCE text with comments

To export the source text with comments to send to the customer would be incredibly helpful to clarify all questions we have as translators about the source text. The customer does not care about our translation progess. He only needs our questions - and to send them with the comments included would make sure he has the correct context.

That way, it would be so much easier to get answers to remaining questions. Without writing each question again and indicating the exact source text segment it relates to.

Parents
  • Agreed. I find the Comment View Plug-in very helpful for exporting questions to send to customers (easier than writing up a separate email/list of questions), but it would be much MUCH better if I could add my comments to the SOURCE segments, instead of to the target. The customer doesn't necessarily need to see (or understand) my target language. It's the SOURCE text I want to ask them about/comment on.

Comment
  • Agreed. I find the Comment View Plug-in very helpful for exporting questions to send to customers (easier than writing up a separate email/list of questions), but it would be much MUCH better if I could add my comments to the SOURCE segments, instead of to the target. The customer doesn't necessarily need to see (or understand) my target language. It's the SOURCE text I want to ask them about/comment on.

Children
No Data