Under Community Review

Fix - The - Find - and - Replace - Already

How, just HOW do you suppose you will be able to keep the present customer base with such pathetically inconvenient find&replace flow, given the onset of the machine translation era and the entailing need to CONSTANTLY find and replace things? Paul, you promised me someone will have a look at it, and -- alas -- didn't keep your promise.

Parents
  • I see what Adrian means: would it be computerisably feasible to have a search&replace "magazine", for bulk S&R processing? This could be a time-saver. The implementation I have in mind is a cyclical approach, with earch S&R pair being processed serially, so as to avoid clashes between the S&R pairs. It sounds a bit of a "corker", I admit, but an algorithm of this kind could be worked-on in stages, so as not to overload resources needed elsewhere - with perhaps a progress report on completion of each stage, so as to keep the SDL users' community informed.

• In fact I just meant ridding us of the decade-long pain of having to pointlessly press "find" before replacing, and then often having to manually return to the segment that Studio has pointlessly thrown you off of.

Comment Children
No Data