Under Community Review

Forbidden term recognition in Studio

When a term has been recognised, it is not obvious to see if target term it is a compulsory or forbidden term. Either you display the complete window for the term or you try to verify using F8. Would be great if display could show either with a "forbidden" icon or with red highlighting or strike-through formatting

• Confirmed

-Main editor window : just one simple red cap, no differentiation between regular and forbidden ones.

-Term QA window and its result : no, absolutely no differentiation. It is perfectly useless regarding this issue.

-TermRecognition window : it has some rooms for forbidden (picklist) differentiation though, not so much effective

• Did you check the hitlist settings (little paper-sheet-like icon on top of the term recognition window)? There you can select fields whose value will be displayed next to the source and/or target term in the hitlist. I use it to show our reliability attribute for the purpose you are describing. The default colour is light grey but you can change the font if you want.

• Dear, Angelo Caltagirone

Thanks for the detailed explanations.

After read it, I just found;

Verification > Terminology Verifier > Verification criteria > "Check for terms which may have been set as forbidden"

I will check it out whether a workaround is possible.

Regards

• Hi

Yes, it is very important as you might not want to use for instance an obsolete term that your client has replaced with a new one. Or if you want to use the correct term for your country that may have another occurrancy in the same language in another country (for instance German in Germany or Switzerland -> law terms are quite different. The only way to check the forbidden terms is to launch the quality check (Verify command with F8), after telling Studio in the setting which fields contains the forbidden terms.

There is no way to see this clearly during normal translation in the term recognition window.

Kind regards,

Angelo

• Interesting,

I have never thought about negative flag of TermRecognition.

Do you really need this functionality ?