Under Community Review

Make Find resulting segment shown on top of editor

Sometimes it happens that there is a segment broken between two files at the semi colon, such as

Part 1:

Getting started with Studio

The client won't allow me to edit the source (to merge segments), so I want to check that I have correctly capitalized the words that appear after the colon. However, if I use Find and look for the colon, the occurrence is shown as the last segment in the editor, so I have to constantly move the cursor down to see the next segment.

I understand someone might need to look for the previous segment, so why don't display the segment as the second displayed segment? This way we could see also the segment before and after that to get a little context.

Parents
  • If you cannot merge after the colon, then there is a paragraph break between the previous and the current segment and merging here may indeed not be desirable. But if the colon is within a paragraph, you can always merge. Studio has (AFAIK) no ability (thanks God) to disallow merging within a paragraph.

Comment
  • If you cannot merge after the colon, then there is a paragraph break between the previous and the current segment and merging here may indeed not be desirable. But if the colon is within a paragraph, you can always merge. Studio has (AFAIK) no ability (thanks God) to disallow merging within a paragraph.

Children
No Data