Under Community Review

Make Insert/Overwrite toggle a disablable option

I seem to be unable to find an option to disable the "Insert/Overwrite" Toggle (hitting the Insert key switches between Insert mode and Overwrite mode).

This feature is absolutely useless for me, I might even describe it as detrimental to my productivity.
Not saying the toggle should be removed entirely if it is of some use to someone, but I do think it should be a disablable option in the Options menu, not a fixed feature.

Parents
  • I often find during editing that the cursor switches from inserting text to overwriting text. I am not sure if there is a logic behind this (for example, editing partial matches). In any case, if it is going to do so, there should be some indication of this (for example, by flashing or highlighting the character ahead).

Comment
  • I often find during editing that the cursor switches from inserting text to overwriting text. I am not sure if there is a logic behind this (for example, editing partial matches). In any case, if it is going to do so, there should be some indication of this (for example, by flashing or highlighting the character ahead).

Children
No Data