Under Community Review

Make PerfectMatch retain comments when using "Apply PerfectMatch and Lock" option

As originally reported in https://community.sdl.com/product-groups/translationproductivity/f/90/t/14488

The "Apply PerfectMatch and lock" option does not transfer comments from old bilinguals
Screenshot showing Trados Studio Ideas interface with 'unioning' term and its definition in English and Portuguese, with PerfectMatch icons indicating matched segments.

The "Use the original origin and status" option transfers the comments... but using this option is not acceptable if the PerfectMatched segments need to be marked as PerfectMatch.
Screenshot of Trados Studio Ideas with line numbers 253 to 255, displaying 'unioning' term, definitions, and PerfectMatch icons, with a highlighted segment in yellow.

The "Apply PerfectMatch and Lock" option should behave consistently with the other option and transfer comments as well...

Ideally, the new behavior should be optional, with default being consistent with current behavior (i.e. to NOT transfer comments), to not break existing workflows relying on current behavior.

Parents
  •   and   is this still under review? I think this would be a great tool, more as much if combined with an option that also allows to maintain any track changes included in the original SDLXLIFF file. This combo would be greate for any file where you, after receiving tracked customer reviews and comments, you also need to implement them in an updated version of the same file, allowing the translator to see the full history behind the approved translation. Could you please give us an update on this? Thanks a lot in advance.

Comment
  •   and   is this still under review? I think this would be a great tool, more as much if combined with an option that also allows to maintain any track changes included in the original SDLXLIFF file. This combo would be greate for any file where you, after receiving tracked customer reviews and comments, you also need to implement them in an updated version of the same file, allowing the translator to see the full history behind the approved translation. Could you please give us an update on this? Thanks a lot in advance.

Children
No Data