Under Community Review

Make ‘Quick Add New Term’ completely skip showing and giving focus to Termbase Viewer?

This is something that has been bothering me for a very long time, and so much so that I recently even stopped using Studio's built in termbases altogether, both the regular ones and the Language Cloud one. I am currently (quite happily) using the amazing ‘RyS Termbase & Translation Assembler’ (https://appstore.sdl.com/language/app/rys-termbase-translation-assembler/766/) as a complete replacement for terminology in Studio 2019.

Sorry, I will now get to the point: if you ask me, Studio's terminology system suffers from two serious problems:

1. Adding terms is a horrible experience because every time you add a term, you have to wait and watch the Termbase Viewer window jump around like crazy for up to 15 seconds, while it tries to wrestle away focus from the segment editor window. The UX is similarly bad for the Cloud Beta version. 
2. Term recognition is flaky, still, after all these years and updates/upgrades.

I know that it should be possible to improve it, because the RyS Termbase & Translation Assembler suffers from neither of these problems:

1. Adding terms is instantaneous. The screen doesn't jump around refreshing, and you can immediately continue working (which is so refreshing after using Studio's built in system!)
2. Once added, they show up immediately. Also, no matter how big your termbase is, recognition just works, which cannot be said for large Studio termbases.

My initial proposal would be:

We currently have:

‘Add New Term’+
‘Quick Add New Term’

However, they seem to do essentially the same thing. Could you make it so the so-called ‘Quick’ variant completely skips showing and giving focus to the Termbase Viewer, for those cases where the user simply wants to quickly add a term and keep working? Pretty please.

Michael

Parents Comment Children
No Data