Under Community Review

None 100% Matched Segments/100% Matched Segments Highlighted in Output files

Hi,

This is something that was discussed a while back, but I want to raise it in the community.

One of the challenges of translation and review is where we have a condition or rule that states we must not update 100%/perfect matches. Now, where this becomes a challenge is that when a translator has to do a Linguistic review in the output file from studio, it is not obvious to spot a 100% or perfect match in the outputted file, this means:

- Quite often, translators have to spend extra time looking at content and comparing SDLXliff against output to see if what they want to change can be trained.

- In addition to this, if a translator doesn't do this - there is a chance that they will update a 100%/perfect match (against client or business wishes), and thus pollute a TM.

So, what I am proposing is that we add functionality so that an option is added to highlight 100%/perfect matches in the output file, potentially starting with the DTP formats that have a visible output. So, as an example - have it so that either 100%/perfect matches are highlighted in the document. Or, have the opposite, so that all non-100%/perfect matched content is highlighted.

This can also be applied to things like perfect matched segments as well.

The obvious benefit is that we can then choose to ignore the 100% matched/perfect matched content very easily. Or, use it the opposite way round and highlight 100% matches in the output and flag errors to the customer clearly in an outputted translation file.

I have discussed internally already and understand tagging would need to be configured around the file types so that this content is visible - which is the bigger challenge. But the benefits for the translators and production resources are huge.

James