Under Community Review

Pasting different lines of texts in multiple rows, at once, in the TARGET column

Pasting different lines of texts in multiple rows, at once, in the TARGET column

WHY THIS IS IMPORTANT This is important because can save hours of time when delivering a translation with close deadlines. This feature is very useful when translating large volumes of information like balance sheets, products list, etc.

INTRODUCTION In Microsoft Word you can paste, at once, the information in several lines of text, inside a table, in a very easy way. Trados need this feature very urgent.

Let's imagine we have the following list of text

Grape

Strawberry

Apple

Banana

In Microsoft Word you can copy that list of text (which is outside a table) and introduce inside a table in a very easy way.

The only you have to do is selecting all the text and copying it with Ctrl + C.

Then you create a table of 4 rows

You select all the rows and you simply press Ctrl + V to paste the text.

Automatically, all the text that was outside the table, is introduced inside the table... Grape is now in the first row of the table... Strawberry is now in the second row of the table... Apple is now in the third row of the table... and Banana is now in the fourth row of the table...

A text that was outside a table, now is perfectly ordered inside the table.

How is this possible in Word? It is possible because Word read the information in the clipboard and it understands that every carriage return imply to move forward to a new row in the table, so basically Word get the line of text in an ordered way 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th... and so on... and put every line of text inside every row of the table... understanding that the first line of text ends when we have the carriage return

What do we have after Grape?

We have a carriage return, because we do not have more text in the same line, and we have more text, but below...

Well this information is enough to tell Microsoft Word that Grape must be in the first row of the table, and the next line of text must be in the second row of the table

PROFESSIONAL TRANSLATORS NEED BADLY THIS FEATURE.

WE NEED TRADOS BE ABLE TO PASTE INFORMATION, AT ONCE, IN THE TARGET COLUMN IN SEVERAL ROWS (THE SAME AS WORD):

All people working professionally in Translations know very well how the agencies squeeze to the maximum the delivery times.

There are big customers like AliExpress or Amazon that are demanding the translation of large products list.

Many times the translator need to use external tools to get some aid in the translation process. For example, using Word, or an external editor.

The problem is when I have to copy all that information, and entering it in the Target column... I simply cannot do that, because Trados do not allow me to do so.

If I have a large list of text and I copy it to the clipboard, I cannot paste it in the Target column, in different rows, at once.

When a translator have to translate large products lists, in which many texts are basically the same, it would be very useful you can just simply paste at once text in multiple lines of the target column (the same Word does with tables), but sadly Trados do not allow this, and force the translator to write, row per row, all the information.

This results in delayed delivery times and a painful work for the translator.

I really hope someone in Trados read this, and understand the importance of this feature to implement it in Trados 2018

I would call this feature "Intelligent Pasting"

When you are going to paste

Parents Comment Children
No Data