Under Community Review

Please provide a keyboard shortcut for the "Replace straight quotes with smart quotes" toggle

We frequently translate software strings where you need straight quotes and then change to other kinds of text where smart quotes are needed, requiring to toggle the "Replace straight quotes with smart quotes" nearly every time we move over to another text.

The possibility to define a keyboard shortcut for this feature would be much appreciated, being a real time-saver.

Thanks!

Best

Annette (from Manfreds account)

Parents
  • I've just realized my previous comment didn't post correctly. This is the AHK script I use:

::quot::
    Send {LAlt}
    Sleep 200
    Send f
    Sleep 300
    Send t
    Sleep 1300
    Send Editor {Down 2}
    Sleep 1500
    Send {Tab 6}{Space}
    Sleep 500
    Send {Tab 7}{Enter}
    return

All I do is type "quot" wherever I am and it will automatically follow the steps I would have to follow manually to check or uncheck the "Replace straight quotes with smart quotes" option.

Comment
  • I've just realized my previous comment didn't post correctly. This is the AHK script I use:

::quot::
    Send {LAlt}
    Sleep 200
    Send f
    Sleep 300
    Send t
    Sleep 1300
    Send Editor {Down 2}
    Sleep 1500
    Send {Tab 6}{Space}
    Sleep 500
    Send {Tab 7}{Enter}
    return

All I do is type "quot" wherever I am and it will automatically follow the steps I would have to follow manually to check or uncheck the "Replace straight quotes with smart quotes" option.

Children
No Data