Idea Delivered Partially

This was delivered partially in Studio 2019. (point 2, point 3/ability to filter)

RegEx improvements

Regular expressions are by far the most powerful and customizable QA element. But their functionality in Studio is still very rudimentary; those of use who code our own RegEx and manage them in detail have to use special Excel macros and workarounds to manage them. Therefore, I suggest the following features be implemented:

1. Sorting: Sort regular expressions alphabetically, by creation date, or by groups (see point 3 below).

2. Concatenation: Currently, importing a RegEx file replaces all current expressions. It should be possible to combine RegEx files without resorting to Excel hacks.

3. Grouping: Being able to categorize expressions into custom, collapsible/expandable groups (e.g. Terms, Formatting, Absolute vs Situational etc.) in the expressions list would improve organization.

4. Unique file extension: Currently, exported RegEx files have the same file extension (.sdlqasettings) as full QA profiles exported under Verification -> QA Checker 3.0 -> QA Checker Profiles, of which the expression are only a subset. It would be less confusing to have a dedicated extension for exported RegEx files.

Parents
  • I would add another suggestion. Better lowercase&uppercase handling. I know there are other more modern Regex flavours that allow this. For example, 

EditPad Pro and PowerGREP have a unique feature that allows you to change the case of the backreference. \U1 inserts the first backreference in uppercase, \L1 in lowercase and \F1 with the first character in uppercase and the remainder in lowercase. Finally, \I1 inserts it with the first letter of each word capitalized, and the other letters in lowercase.
Comment
  • I would add another suggestion. Better lowercase&uppercase handling. I know there are other more modern Regex flavours that allow this. For example, 

EditPad Pro and PowerGREP have a unique feature that allows you to change the case of the backreference. \U1 inserts the first backreference in uppercase, \L1 in lowercase and \F1 with the first character in uppercase and the remainder in lowercase. Finally, \I1 inserts it with the first letter of each word capitalized, and the other letters in lowercase.
Children
No Data