Under Community Review

Save target as (and all other save as modes) should open the Windows explorer with 'My favorites' pane on the left.

I already mentioned this idea in someone else's post, but I think it was never posted as an individual idea.

With SDL flexible system of adding TM's, I do not need to create a new project each next time. I can easily change the domain of my project from Oil&Gas to Medicine or from IT to Construction just by connecting/disconnecting relevant TM's. The same applies to different clients. I only need to attach another client's TM. Nothing else. All my settings, hotkeys, etc. are all the same for all projects. Thus, only 3 pairs of projects (1. Excel bilingual files, 2. xfdf files because I often have to translate comment boxes in PDF, and 3. All other files) are more than enough for me.

Given that, I just add files and remove them from time to time. Sometimes I have to add say 40 little similar (90% matching) Excel files that I have to Save-target-as in the end. Weirdly, the translation process may take less time than saving the target, because Trados uses the old-fashioned Windows explorer mode for its Save-target-as feature. It always starts from its default path and never remembers the last saved path. As a result, I have to search for my destination folder 40 times with several (10 to 12) clicks for each file. 40x10=400 clicks. Isn't it possible to change the Save-target-as Windows explorer layout and enable batch save all the selected files instead of saving them one by one? Thank you.

Parents
  • Hi Daniel,

Yes, it looks to be a solution for me. Thank you. But why then I need the Save target as button at all?.. And why it works in a different way comparing with 'Advanced save copy as' for example? =)

Anyway thank you for your suggestion. I could not figure out this workaround.

Comment
  • Hi Daniel,

Yes, it looks to be a solution for me. Thank you. But why then I need the Save target as button at all?.. And why it works in a different way comparing with 'Advanced save copy as' for example? =)

Anyway thank you for your suggestion. I could not figure out this workaround.

Children
No Data