Under Community Review

SDL Studio 2017 – Return Packages – Adding extra files

Good morning/afternoon,

what about the opportunity to insert extra files when creating a Return Package (e.g. final translated files in their original format in the [target language] folder or any other extra file)?

Create Return Package window in Trados Studio showing a list of files with columns for Name, ID, Words, Status, Progress, Received Task, Path, Size, and Type.

This will avoid to load/add them manually using PKZIP (or any other similar application as, in fact, *.sdlppx or *.sdlrpx files are “zipped” files).

PKZIP application window with a list of files including two highlighted text files named '2017-06-01f2b6-en-it-00-2017.txt' and '2017-06-01f2b6-it-IT-00-2017.txt'.

Claudio

• Our customers often request that a translation memory is also added to the return package. Yes, I know it can be updated from sdlxliff files. It's just one more step that can be automated.

• also realize that if this were to be done, WorldServer customers would also be affected as return packages are sent there as well. WS would probably need to have an update to go along with this. However adding the attached glossary with terms proposed and having that show up in the senders copy of Studio (and in WS) is definitely something i could get behind.

• Hi Paul,

Thank you for your comment... The target translated file was just an example.

Of course, the client can generate themselves the target file.

But I was thinking about other files too. Another example may be a glossary specifically created for a particular project, or whatever additional file the client may think useful, without sending it separately, but included in the Return Package (say, in a folder named "Additional files").

• Hi Claudio, what's the value in this?  The client can save the target files themselves so why would you need to add the target files into the package?