Idea Delivered

Storing segmentation information in the translated XLIFF file

I think this option should be checked by default.  I may not be exposed to enough but I have yet to come across any company who actually uses this so we always have to explain to users how to turn this setting off when their target files are returned as unacceptable:

Can we make the default to have this option checked?

Parents
  • Totally agree on this. Checking this box is actually a requirement from many large clients that use third-party file management systems to process their source files and generate intermediate XLIFF files. Such XLIFF files are then sent for translation and, when they get them back translated from vendors, they generate final target from such XLIFF files.

If this checkbox is not checked, this can generate unacceptable XLIFF files or even prevent Studio from generating "target" XLIFF files from bilingual SDLXLIFF.

Comment
  • Totally agree on this. Checking this box is actually a requirement from many large clients that use third-party file management systems to process their source files and generate intermediate XLIFF files. Such XLIFF files are then sent for translation and, when they get them back translated from vendors, they generate final target from such XLIFF files.

If this checkbox is not checked, this can generate unacceptable XLIFF files or even prevent Studio from generating "target" XLIFF files from bilingual SDLXLIFF.

Children
No Data