Under Community Review

Studio should not see segments starting with Capital and Lower case as being 100% the same

I have a text which has a lot of lists. In Dutch, after the bullet there is a lower case. They are marked in the Editor as 'LI+'.

The author also reused these items which are in the lists, but as plain text or paragraphs. In Dutch they must then start with a capital. They are marked as 'P+'.

Now, when I confirm a list segment, I do not want to propagate to a paragraph segment, and vice versa.

It means that it is a lot of work to differentiate between the two, because all I have is the confirmation window for propagation and I toggle between Yes and No, while looking at the editor window to see if I am dealing with a LI+ or a P+.

So the segments that Studio sees as 100% the same, in reality are 99% the same, because Studio assumes that a segment starting with a Capital is absolutely the same as the same segment with a lower case, and it is not so!

So please either assume they are not the same or add an option under File - Options - Editor to tick, to force Studio to differentiate.

But I think it should be default. Now all those different segments were counted by my agency as 100%s and I get a very low pay for it, while in reality they take three times as much time as 99%s.

Parents Comment Children
No Data