Under Community Review

Thin line between segments in Trados Studio

Dear Trados Support Staff,

I work with Trados Studio 2017.

Is that possible for you to give an option for me to have a border line between segments? Please see the red line in the image below.

Screenshot of Trados Studio interface showing text segments with a red line border between them as requested by the user.

The reason is that when translating I prefer to have white background color for all segments so that I can easily detect any typos with that red underline. Besides, white background is easy in the eyes too if you work all day. Non-white backgrounds make the text more difficult to read, particularly when you reach a certain age, so one has to set the background shading to close to imperceptible. But then it becomes difficult to distinguish one segment from another. A thin line between the segments would be much better as in MemoQ and Memsource, or SDLX. Please see the image below.

Screenshot of Trados Studio interface with white background for text segments and a visible red underline for typos, as preferred by the user.

Also, it would be nice to be able to change the color and thickness of the cursor because, with such white segment background, it would be difficult to easily find the cursor.

Could you introduce these features in your next update?

Parents
  • Totally agree. I have been trying to find the same feature. Non-white backgrounds make the text more difficult to read, particularly when you reach a certain age, so I have set the background shading to close to imperceptible. But then it becomes difficult to distinguish one segment from another.

A thin line between the segments would be much better. As in MemoQ and Memsource.

Also, it would be nice to be able to move the status column from the middle to the right (or perhaps the left). It should not be the centre of attention between the source and target columns.

Comment
  • Totally agree. I have been trying to find the same feature. Non-white backgrounds make the text more difficult to read, particularly when you reach a certain age, so I have set the background shading to close to imperceptible. But then it becomes difficult to distinguish one segment from another.

A thin line between the segments would be much better. As in MemoQ and Memsource.

Also, it would be nice to be able to move the status column from the middle to the right (or perhaps the left). It should not be the centre of attention between the source and target columns.

Children
No Data