Under Community Review

Translating mutlilingual json files

Hello,

As part of my job, I receive translation requests with files provided from an online software Under json format.

The problem is that these files are multilingual and as a translator, I have to fill the language fields:

"properties": {
   "name": "ACME Logistics Ltd",
   "name_fr_ch": "ACME Logistics Ltd",
   "name_de_de": " ",
   "name_fr_fr": " ",
   "documentation": "A company that simply makes everything.",
   "documentation_fr_ch": "",
   "documentation_de_de": " ",
   "documentation_fr_fr": " ",

SDL Studio can only replace today but that would be great if we could create a rule to fill other attributes of the file with the translation.

Parents
  • I second the requirement, though from the development perspective I can't imagine how to do that ;-)

The point is that the structure of such JSONs can be anything - the source and target strings can be stored in the JSON in MANY different ways and personally I can't imagine how should one be able to define in the settings where is the source and where to put the target(s).

Additional problem is that if I receive source JSON and I'm supposed to deliver SINGLE(!) JSON containing 20+ target languages, I can't imagine Studio creating such multilingual file... because it normally creates one target file PER LANGUAGE...

Comment
  • I second the requirement, though from the development perspective I can't imagine how to do that ;-)

The point is that the structure of such JSONs can be anything - the source and target strings can be stored in the JSON in MANY different ways and personally I can't imagine how should one be able to define in the settings where is the source and where to put the target(s).

Additional problem is that if I receive source JSON and I'm supposed to deliver SINGLE(!) JSON containing 20+ target languages, I can't imagine Studio creating such multilingual file... because it normally creates one target file PER LANGUAGE...

Children
No Data