This place is where you can suggest, discuss, and vote on ideas. If you want to create an idea for an other related product choose the appropriate group on this page.

When you select to create a new idea, there are a few things you can do to ensure RWS Development and other community participants understand the idea. See here for Idea best practices.

• Explicitly select file type settings for alignments

• Under Community Review on
    • 0 Comments
    The alignment tool tacitly uses the file type settings of the currently active project, which is just confusing. It would be helpful to have a selector for these settings, so that the user can choose either default settings (as in "File->Options"), settings...
  • prepare project files by selecting for which target language

• 1 Comment
    Hi, I would like to be able to prepare files for translation in Trados on projects that have more than one target language by selecting for which target language the files should be prepared. Example: Project has target DE-DE, DE-AT, DE-CH but this...
  • Improve the behaviour of Verify when handling inconsistent translations

• 2 Comments
    Studio Verify flags many "sentences" as inconsistent translations although only the formatting tags differ. The associated message details shows the same segment details that are already highlighted and only the segment number of the deviant number)....
  • Quotation marks

• 0 Comments
    This idea is directed to the developers of Trados software, who are probably not translators themselves. Make the option to choose the correct type of quotation marks (English, French, Dutch, German etc) available for all file types, without excluding...
  • More UI options for accessibility

• 3 Comments
    Maybe it makes sense to create an inverted UI, or perhaps just give some more contrasting themes? I’m quite surprised we don’t see more requests than we do considering the difficulties a UI without options can pose for people. This is for websites but...
  • Workiva integration

• 0 Comments
    More and more banking and financial institutions are using Workiva to produce their regulatory and prudential documents. Facilitating Trados Studio integration with Workiva will make many translators' lives easier. At the moment, we need to export content...
  • Prevent hidden text from being imported as internal tags in Word 2007-2016 filter

• Accepted, Not Yet Planned on
    • 4 Comments
    Marking text as "Hidden" in Microsoft Word prior to adding a file into a Trados Studio project used to be a convenient way to mark specific sections of the text as "not for translation" in a manner that was easy to revert later. Using the Word 2007-2013...
  • Maximise preview window with one click

• 0 Comments
    I use the Preview a lot and have it pulled out on a separate screen. Every time I use it I have to resize it by dragging each edge. Would be useful to have a maximise button at top right - like all other Windows windows
  • Verification window should also show segment number

• 0 Comments
    The verification messages list should also have a column showing the segment numbers. Not just for sorting purposes, but also to avoid wasting time. For example, if based on the segment number I can see that two subsequent segments have issues, then I...
  • create new project: better order of dropdowns

• 0 Comments
    Hi, in the view create new project where you can select "create project based on previous project" it would be good if the projects would be ordered by name and not by last added so that it would be easier to find the one you are looking for. ...