Not Considering

Add ability to download just one language delivery at a time, from Language Cloud

Issue: Now that I can get notifications of delivery when one language in a project is complete, I can go and download the first language delivery when it's ready. For every language that is ready after that, I cannot download just the one language and must re-download all the language deliveries in LC.

Suggestion: Allow a user to download all languages or select individual language deliveries to download from the Language Cloud portal.

Parents
  • Ian,

When project deliverable files are large (as in nearly 500MB for one IFU in a given language for some of my products) having the ability to download individual languages is virtually a must. In the current scenario I get a French delivery and I download the 500MB file then I get German and when I download I not only get the German 500 MB file BUT I also get the 500MB French file again and I have no need for it. Unless the connection is lightning fast, this download will take for ever.

I am working on minimizing IFU file sizes going forward but with some of these older IFUs, we're stuck with these enormous files until the product is obsoleted.

If there is anything I can do to help please let me know.

--TIM PAIVA

Comment
  • Ian,

When project deliverable files are large (as in nearly 500MB for one IFU in a given language for some of my products) having the ability to download individual languages is virtually a must. In the current scenario I get a French delivery and I download the 500MB file then I get German and when I download I not only get the German 500 MB file BUT I also get the 500MB French file again and I have no need for it. Unless the connection is lightning fast, this download will take for ever.

I am working on minimizing IFU file sizes going forward but with some of these older IFUs, we're stuck with these enormous files until the product is obsoleted.

If there is anything I can do to help please let me know.

--TIM PAIVA

Children
No Data