In Progress

Govern config visibility of inherited configurations on inheriting organization level

Following recent introduction of ManTra supporting inherited configurations there are basically two ways of "disabling" configuration inheriting. Unfortunately there are some difficult scenarios associated with it.

Example structure:

• ORG AConfig A
    • ORG BConfig B
    • ORG C
      Config C

Scenario 1

Let's say that on ORG B I would like to see only Config B. Since Config A is inherited I have to either mark it as private or set as "Hide in Create Project page" on level ORG A.

This is perfectly fine as long as I do not intended to inherit Config A on ORG C. Is there any way of blocking visibility of Config A on ORG B, but not for ORG C?

Scenario 2

Config A is used regularly on ORG C, thus it can not be marked private. I would like to disable Config A visibility on ORG B level, but still see it ManTra on level ORG A. This currently can not be done.

Proposal

I think that if it would be possible to govern visibility of inherited Configs on inheriting level, that would solve problems from both scenarios.

What we would need on ORG B is ability to set "Hide in Language Cloud Create Project page" for Config A.

Could you please let me know if that is achievable, or is there a different solution for that (besides creating dedicated configs of course).

Cheers,

Kuba

Parents
  • Hi Kuba,

Apologies for the delay in responding to this idea.

Can you first of all please confirm the points raised in this idea are still valid (given the Inherited Configurations feature has been available for around one year and had some time to bed-in)? If so, please contact me directly so we can discuss further.

Cheers,

Ian

Comment
  • Hi Kuba,

Apologies for the delay in responding to this idea.

Can you first of all please confirm the points raised in this idea are still valid (given the Inherited Configurations feature has been available for around one year and had some time to bed-in)? If so, please contact me directly so we can discuss further.

Cheers,

Ian

Children
No Data