Idea Delivered

Modifying a due date of a project awaiting approval

Hello,

Our client AGCO would like to have a possibility to change project due date in ManTra after a project has been created but before the approval. It is because they often create a project, set a due date for example in 7 days' time but approve it after a month or so, and in such cases the deadline is no longer valid. 

Thank you for taking it into consideration,

Daria

Parents
  • Hi Ian,

Thank you for your reply and for the solutions proposed.

I think the first option meets our goal because in my opinion the initial due date (which already might have passed) is not important, either for client or for Project Managers. This is true the client may set up the deadline that is not feasible from a delivery perspective and this is something we come across quite often in our daily work. In such cases we can always educate our customers and negotiate delivery date that is both feasible for us and acceptable for the client.

The second option would be good as well, however I think it may cause additional work for Project Managers who will need to check every job from ManTra, estimate duration and put it in the system which can be quite time consuming.

Kind regards,

Daria

Comment
  • Hi Ian,

Thank you for your reply and for the solutions proposed.

I think the first option meets our goal because in my opinion the initial due date (which already might have passed) is not important, either for client or for Project Managers. This is true the client may set up the deadline that is not feasible from a delivery perspective and this is something we come across quite often in our daily work. In such cases we can always educate our customers and negotiate delivery date that is both feasible for us and acceptable for the client.

The second option would be good as well, however I think it may cause additional work for Project Managers who will need to check every job from ManTra, estimate duration and put it in the system which can be quite time consuming.

Kind regards,

Daria

Children
No Data