Not Considering

Adjusting the source language in Tridion Docs CMS

We often create documents in foreign languages in addition to content in our authoring language. For this purpose, it is necessary to change the source language from our authoring language to the foreign language directly when creating in CMS. Currently, writing in another language is only possible by manually changing our authoring language in the editor's user account.
We have learned to appreciate the function of selecting the source language directly when creating a master or topic in the Knowledge Center 2016 and find the current state of disarray in Tridion Docs 2014 very unfortunate.

Please check if this possibility can be implemented for Tridion Docs 14 analogous to KC16.

Parents
  • I am afraid that's a very rare use case: I know multiple customers where different authors create content in different languages, but that's the first time I hear of an author creating content in multiple languages directly. Besides the fact that this is bypassing the translation memory from the process, it is contradictory to one of the basic design principles of the Publication Manager: To keep the interface as simple as possible for the typical full time author, it is showing all content in the users working language only.

Nevertheless I checked with my current SP4 demo environment and one of our hosted SP3 servers. In both cases I found that the options in Publication Manager allow me to change the Default Language:

After doing so, the next new publication I created used my Default Language as Working Language as well. But even without that, SP3 and SP4 both allowed me to manually select a different language as working language of the publication:

And all new objects I created in context of that publication did always pick up the working language of the publication as well. So from my understanding - at least with the versions I could test - it works as I would expect it. Or did I misunderstand the problem?

• Thank you for your solutions. We will inform our staff about that workaround. Nevertheless, it would be prefered if we there able to change the language right away in Tridion Docs 14 - WEB. Is there an way to implement that idea in further updates in the near future?

Comment Children
No Data