Under Community Review

Pub Manager search: Allow searching just a repository folder and its subfolders

Support filtering Publication Manager search filtering to a particular folder and its subfolders within the repository. 

We have a large database with different product areas and user categories, but almost all the folder structure is visible to everyone.  When searching for topics, especially potentially-reusable topics, it would be great to be able to filter the search to a particular folder and it's subfolders in the repository folder structure.  For example, I might want to limit my search to things we have in the networking technical publications product area, which is in a certain set of folders and subfolders, and I don't want to get results from the entire repository (which is often thousands of files if my search words are more common).

I don't see this capability in SDL Publication Manager 12.0.4. 

Parents
  • This is still something our authors ask for on a regular basis, and we'd love to see this implemented. I assume this would require database changes, since finding the folder location of an object requires a separate API endpoint from other metadata. We would be happy to go through a database re-index to add folder location to the metadata if that's what it takes to get this working, and I assume other customers would, too.

Comment
  • This is still something our authors ask for on a regular basis, and we'd love to see this implemented. I assume this would require database changes, since finding the folder location of an object requires a separate API endpoint from other metadata. We would be happy to go through a database re-index to add folder location to the metadata if that's what it takes to get this working, and I assume other customers would, too.

Children
No Data