Under Community Review

Request for Enhancement: Protection from accidental deletion

It is quite necessary to have an ability not to easily send an object into a recycle bin, or something similar, to retrieve data that was accidentally deleted could be very troublesome.

Right now, if we delete an object that is not connected to any object, it deletes it from the database without any prompt to reconfirm. The restoration from local database is possible only if it is checkout (edited) at least once after creation.

Parents
  • Our request is almost the same as this one which is why I am posting my comment to RWS here: : In TDX 15 the DELETE privilege could be defined, so that the right to delete objects from the repository could be restricted to only specific User Role or User group.
    Actual accidental deletion is theoretically not possible because of the prompt window. However, we are not protected from intentional deletion which has not been coordinated with the other writers/doc owners.
    Thanks

Comment
  • Our request is almost the same as this one which is why I am posting my comment to RWS here: : In TDX 15 the DELETE privilege could be defined, so that the right to delete objects from the repository could be restricted to only specific User Role or User group.
    Actual accidental deletion is theoretically not possible because of the prompt window. However, we are not protected from intentional deletion which has not been coordinated with the other writers/doc owners.
    Thanks

Children
No Data