Under Community Review

Indeed some architectural improvement might be taken in this area

Would like to know how many customers are using so many RTF fields in one Component

Please vote if you are

A multi-value component that contains 400-500 items that contain RTF take longer to load, save

We have a component schema that has an embedded schema that's multivalue. Within the embedded schema the field is RTF enabled (only the term field). When the number increases to 400 the component takes long time to load and save and browser also crashes.

This enhancement request is for improvements around RTF field loading. 

Parents
  • In line with the above comments - if the user isn’t frequently updating these RTF snippets wouldn’t something like component linking work better - ever better still just have the components individually created abs stores in a specific folder and retrieve as DCPs or Templatess Conponents. 

• By linking - something I recall using in the past is to have a group of components that are linked into a container that's finally linked into a page. In the case I recall we had a natural grouping using the title so we had container components
    a-g
    h-m
    n-s
    etc.

then these container components can be added as individual presentations on the page or within another single container to reduce the CPs (weigh up the benefits of depth over qty of CPs).

Comment
  • By linking - something I recall using in the past is to have a group of components that are linked into a container that's finally linked into a page. In the case I recall we had a natural grouping using the title so we had container components
    a-g
    h-m
    n-s
    etc.

then these container components can be added as individual presentations on the page or within another single container to reduce the CPs (weigh up the benefits of depth over qty of CPs).

Children
No Data