Idea Delivered

Component titles can be 255 characters as of SDL Tridion Sites 9.0. Thank you for the idea!

Allow the ability to have component title of length 251 to 255

There is a strange behavior observed in terms of length of component title in two different scenarios. When a component is created/updated using web interface in browser, it is restricting the max length to 250 characters for title. However when we copy a component whose title is 250 characters in length and paste somewhere, then the error message is saying that component title must be in between 1 and 255 characters. And the corresponding column length in CM database which holds this title is having nvarchar(255). The same is the case, when the component is created using core service.

Can we have a seamless behavior in all scenarios and let authors supply title whose length can be in between 1 to 255.

• I know we have same issue with ECL connector - image path file name is too long. 

• Thanks for your contribution, but this does not sound like a genuine Idea / Enhancement Request, but rather a defect report;  please report defects to Customer Support. As a matter of fact, I think this one has been reported as a Defect to Customer Support already and  the issue will be fixed  (for MSSQL) in an upcoming release.

Nevertheless, I am really curious about the use case which requires component titles to be longer than 251 characters;  this sounds like a usability problem to me. Can you elaborate?