Not Considering

Search & filter Media Manager assets by tag, within Tridion Sites

When browsing assets in Tridion Sites using the Media Manager integration, it would be useful to be able to search and/or filter using Media Manager's tags.

An example: if images in MM are tagged "contains people" or "no people", then a content editor using Tridion Sites could search/filter using those tags.

Searching by tags in this way is a different UX than navigating through MM's folder structure, which is the current UX. I'd argue that they are both valid ways to navigate and pick assets.

Parents
  • Hi Ivo, thanks for your response. When I say "tags" I mean the keywords field. For our needs, I think keyword and dimensions would be sufficient.

I hadn't considered the fact that it's the Assets that are tagged, not the Distributions. Perhaps a Distribution could automatically inherit all tags & keywords from its child Assets?

Comment
  • Hi Ivo, thanks for your response. When I say "tags" I mean the keywords field. For our needs, I think keyword and dimensions would be sufficient.

I hadn't considered the fact that it's the Assets that are tagged, not the Distributions. Perhaps a Distribution could automatically inherit all tags & keywords from its child Assets?

Children
No Data