Under Community Review

Versioning of Structure Groups/Folders/Publications

Many times somebody has updated the Publication Properties, Folder Metadata, Structure Group Metadata, Category Properties or Keyword Properties/Metadata only to break something and it be found out later.

We can see the issue, when it occurred, but it would be great if we could see who changed it and get a comparison of the change at least.

We could benefit from complete beginning, although a simpler system would do.

For instance, we could live without rolling back/forward.

I know we can implement our own solutions for this, but it would be good to see this in the core product.

Edit (2017-06-04) by  fixed typo and added Categories & Keywords

Parents
  • Hey Rick,

I believe an Audit trail should certainly exist in a product like this, however I'm interested in expanding the version control to cover more item types.

With the ability to see what changed between versions, when and by whom, with the ability to roll back or copy forward.

We already have this functionality for some item types, expanding to cover more types would be very useful.

Comment
  • Hey Rick,

I believe an Audit trail should certainly exist in a product like this, however I'm interested in expanding the version control to cover more item types.

With the ability to see what changed between versions, when and by whom, with the ability to roll back or copy forward.

We already have this functionality for some item types, expanding to cover more types would be very useful.

Children
No Data