Populating advanced PDF metadata fields (prism:doi)

Hi,

We have a request to add the prism:doi metadata to our PDFs. 

Is anyone in XyUser land populating any of the advanced PDF metadata fields? If so, what tools are you using? What is the likelihood that we could add some content to the PostScript file before it's distilled that would populate the prism:doi field? 

We are running XPP 9.4.1.0 using xml processing. We do not use css. 

Thank you,
Jaye Mize (she/her/hers)
Director, Content Production Systems

JAMA NetworkTm
330 N Wabash Ave, Ste 39300, Chicago, IL 60611

emoji
Parents
  • Jaye,

It was actually 18 years ago. (Oof!) While I remember researching and testing this, I now think the effort was abandoned due to complexity. I even found an old email from Kevin Duffy offering up a resource (probably Mark DeVries) for a professional services engagement to see where we could take this.

It turned out that just using additional "DOCINFO" pdfmarks satisfied our customer's requirement. All they really needed was machine-readable data in the PDF, didn't have to be a special RDF namespace. So that won't help you get the specific XMP/RDF namespace for the "prism" standard. Here's an example of what we were outputting during Omnimark to XPP SGML transformation based on Contenta property sheet fields/values:

<:pdfs;DOCINFO;/ModelYear (2006)><:pdfe;DOCINFO>
    <:pdfs;DOCINFO;/ModelNameList (ran)><:pdfe;DOCINFO>
    <:pdfs;DOCINFO;/Language (English)><:pdfe;DOCINFO>
    <:pdfs;DOCINFO;/Market (USA)><:pdfe;DOCINFO>
    <:pdfs;DOCINFO;/Version (1st Print)><:pdfe;DOCINFO>
    <:pdfs;DOCINFO;/Pubtype (Owner Guide)><:pdfe;DOCINFO>
    <:pdfs;DOCINFO;/Supercedes (false)><:pdfe;DOCINFO>
    <:pdfs;DOCINFO;/PubDate (2005-02)><:pdfe;DOCINFO>

I don't know if this even works any more with current versions of Acrobat. I failed to find an example that would display these anywhere in document properties of an opened PDF in Acrobat.

Good luck!

emoji
  • Jaye,

It was actually 18 years ago. (Oof!) While I remember researching and testing this, I now think the effort was abandoned due to complexity. I even found an old email from Kevin Duffy offering up a resource (probably Mark DeVries) for a professional services engagement to see where we could take this.

It turned out that just using additional "DOCINFO" pdfmarks satisfied our customer's requirement. All they really needed was machine-readable data in the PDF, didn't have to be a special RDF namespace. So that won't help you get the specific XMP/RDF namespace for the "prism" standard. Here's an example of what we were outputting during Omnimark to XPP SGML transformation based on Contenta property sheet fields/values:

<:pdfs;DOCINFO;/ModelYear (2006)><:pdfe;DOCINFO>
    <:pdfs;DOCINFO;/ModelNameList (ran)><:pdfe;DOCINFO>
    <:pdfs;DOCINFO;/Language (English)><:pdfe;DOCINFO>
    <:pdfs;DOCINFO;/Market (USA)><:pdfe;DOCINFO>
    <:pdfs;DOCINFO;/Version (1st Print)><:pdfe;DOCINFO>
    <:pdfs;DOCINFO;/Pubtype (Owner Guide)><:pdfe;DOCINFO>
    <:pdfs;DOCINFO;/Supercedes (false)><:pdfe;DOCINFO>
    <:pdfs;DOCINFO;/PubDate (2005-02)><:pdfe;DOCINFO>

I don't know if this even works any more with current versions of Acrobat. I failed to find an example that would display these anywhere in document properties of an opened PDF in Acrobat.

Good luck!

emoji
Children
No Data