Underline info in divxml result

Hello,

[text]Date:<ul;10> <lf> <ul;0><mh;10p>Signature:<ul;10> <lf> <ul;0>

<line xfinal="0" yfinal="393.8" lnwidth="504" lnmeas="504" lindent="0" rindent="0" prelead="6" postlead="0" qdtype="left" bandwidth="2.5" letspace="0" maxasc="6.75" maxdesc="3.25" ldextra="2" sobprelead="true" first="true" last="true" lepgraf="true"><t x="0" y="0" style="text">Date:</t><t x="0" y="0" style="text" ul10="1 #000000"> </t><t x="160.42" y="0" style="text" ul10="1 #000000"> </t><t x="120" y="0" style="text">Signature:</t><t x="0" y="0" style="text" ul10="1 #000000"> </t><t x="160.42" y="0" style="text" ul10="1 #000000"> </t><t x="0" y="0" style="text"> </t></line>

In the divxml result, the x value of the underline text after Date and Signature are both 0 and 160.42, which referring to the space character placed before and after the <lf> code.

Besides using <ru> with fixed value, does anyone have suggestion that can get the info of the underline using <ul>?

Regards,
Chung

emoji
  • Hi Chung,

I am not sure that I understand your question.

As I interpret the divxml output, after "Date" (with no underline) it is showing that there is a "160.42" point width <ul;10> underline, followed by a "120" point gap due to the <mh;10p> (with no underline), followed by "Signature:" (with no underline), followed by a "160.42" point width <ul;10> underline, followed by the "space" line end (not underlined).

Yes, where each <lf> that is underlined is placed there is also a leading and trailing <ul;10> underlined "space" that needs to be accounted for in the total "underline" width - by adding in the width of two spaces to the "160.42" point values - and the "bandwith" attribute in the <line> tag indicates that the spaces in this line are "2.5" points wide so that would be 160.42 + 2.5 + 2.5 = 165.42 point width underlines.

I think that's the "nature of the beast" with a "space" leader fill (<lf>) in XPP where it's implemented internally by outputting a couple of spaces with a horizontal move between them, rather than as a series of a lot of repeated spaces - which is somewhat different than what you get with for example with a "dot" leader fill (<lf;.>) where you do get a whole series of a lot of repeated dots, although any leader fill can also include some small horizontal moves in them to get the "exact" positioning of the dots.

Hmm ... I just thought that maybe you are not understanding what the "x" value means in the <t> tag. The "x" value is not the width of the text within the <t></t> tags, it is the "horizontal move" that occurs between the end of the previous "text" and the beginning of the text within the <t></t> tags. Was that what you didn't understand?

emoji
  • Actually, I see now (by copying your [text] line into Notepad so that spaces are more easily discernable) that there are "real" spaces around each <lf> macro callout.

So, the end result is the same as far as calculating the "underline" widths, but the spaces are actual text and not generated by the "space" leader fill (<lf>). That means that each "space" leader fill is effectively just doing the same thing as a (single) horizontal move.

emoji