Persistency in XPP Compose

Hi All,

How do I persist info from one compose to another compose without using the file system to retain the previous compose info? For example, the artifacts generated in Compose A, are needed for Compose B. Once the processing of Compose B starts, the results of compose A should be available to Compose B. We don't want a file storage solution. This has a large performance price.

Regards,

Matt

emoji
Parents
  • Matt,

What you are asking for is currently not possible with XPP.
    Each compose is a separate process that runs at different times.
    The only way to move data from one compose to the other is through the file system.
    Maybe you want to move your request to the XPP Ideas page (XPP Ideas ).

I wonder why you think that going through the file system has a big performance price.
    After all in order to start compose the system has to open up and read a lot of files + each page is a file and that seems to happen rather quickly.
    So reading just 1 extra file should not slow down your system.
    Maybe you have very specific circumstances or implementations that I do not understand.
    In theory going through the file system to move data from 1 compose to another should hardly be noticeable (at least that is my experience) 

emoji
  • Matt,

What you are asking for is currently not possible with XPP.
    Each compose is a separate process that runs at different times.
    The only way to move data from one compose to the other is through the file system.
    Maybe you want to move your request to the XPP Ideas page (XPP Ideas ).

I wonder why you think that going through the file system has a big performance price.
    After all in order to start compose the system has to open up and read a lot of files + each page is a file and that seems to happen rather quickly.
    So reading just 1 extra file should not slow down your system.
    Maybe you have very specific circumstances or implementations that I do not understand.
    In theory going through the file system to move data from 1 compose to another should hardly be noticeable (at least that is my experience) 

emoji
Children
No Data