I’m happy to announce that we’ve released the Feedback Editor and it is now available in Language Weaver.
The Feedback Editor allows users to easily provide real-time, direct feedback to our MT output by suggesting better translations at document-level, directly and natively within the Language Weaver secure environment.
All user provided improvements are captured through our built-in, automatic feedback loop mechanism, and the resulting translation enhancements are available to all users immediately.
Administrators can now trust their users by default and put them in the AI driver seat by enabling automatic approval of feedback based on user roles.
By securely and natively collecting more feedback from all of your users, you can leverage the power of Auto Adaptive LPs to get your models constantly updated with your own data, including dictionaries and uploaded Translation Memories, if available.
How to enable Feedback Editor in Language Weaver?
In order to enable the Feedback Editor, you need to perform 2 specific configurations:
- Adjust your “Content Deletion” policy and set it to “Off”
- if your current “Content Deletion” policy is set to “On”, your translated documents are immediately deleted after their first retrieval, and therefore, it will not be possible to use the Feedback Editor.
- Set the “Content Deletion” policy to “Off” to allow the translation to stay on the Language Weaver server for up to 2 hours, and allow users to open them in the Feedback Editor.
- Enable “Feedback Editor” in your “Account Settings” - under “Settings”
- Make sure “User Feedback” is enabled
- Enable “Feedback Editor”
The feedback editor will then be available for all users who have access to the Language Weaver portal.
In addition, you also have the option to customize the “Automatic Approval Rule” in the “User Feedback” section and decide which role will get its feedback automatically approved when submitted. In the example below, users with the role “Linguist” will have their suggested translations automatically approved, while feedback coming from users with a different role will need to be approved by a subject matter expert.
How to use Feedback Editor in Language Weaver?
Once the Feedback Editor has been enabled, users will be able to access the Feedback Editor from the Language Weaver User Interface. After a document has been uploaded and translated, a new button “Improve” is available.
When clicking on the “Improve” button, the feedback editor opens within the Language Weaver portal.
The feedback editor will display all segments of the source document on the left, side by side with their translated output in the target language on the right. Users will be able edit and make changes in the MT output by suggesting better translations.
For each edited segment, it is possible to revert to the original MT version by using the revert button displayed on the right side of the target segment.
It is possible to search and filter through segments to easily find specific content and terms and implement changes.
Navigation can be done with the keyboard only, providing a smooth and efficient editing experience.
Once all changes are applied, it is possible to download the output version of the document, in its original format by clicking the “Download” button available at the top of the screen.
All changes are automatically stored as feedback. Based on automatic approval rules, applicable feedback will be automatically approved, and the suggested translation will be automatically used the next time the same source segment is translated using Language Weaver.
Good to know:
- Once the feedback editor has been opened from the Translate page, it is possible to make edits and download the updated version from within the feedback editor using the download button.
- When exiting the editor, and returning to the portal, the version available for download using the regular download button is the original version of the Machine Translation output, before the edits.
- To continue editing your document, click on “Continue Improving”, and download the version with all the changes by using the “Download” button inside the editor.
- Documents edited in the Feedback Editor have a retention period of 30 days, to allow for further edits. Users can delete their documents manually, from the Translate page, by using the “Remove” option on the right side of the document.
- The feedback provided via the feedback editor, or at segment level in the Translate UI is fully private and is not used by Language Weaver. The purpose of the feedback is to ensure that your own secure Language Weaver solution is constantly improved and is adapted based on your own AI feedback loops.
If you want to see the Feedback Editor in action, please have a look at the recorded demo available at: https://www.rws.com/language-weaver/feedback-editor/
We hope you’ll enjoy the Feedback Editor, and the feedback and improvements captured will make your Language Weaver solution more adapted and tailored to your specific domain and content.