How to I prevent acronyms from being translated?

I have a large number of acronyms embedded in the text I want translated. How do I prevent Language Weaver from translating them?

emoji
  • Hello Chris,

the Brands and Dictionary features can be used to prevent Language Weaver from translating acronyms. 

The Brands feature is used to specify terms that should remain untranslated across all language directions. The Brands list is applied automatically for all users in your account and across all language directions.

If you would like to prevent acronyms from translating into some languages only, use the Dictionary feature instead. Once you create a dictionary, you can enter the individual acronyms and their preferred translations. If the acronym is not to be translated, enter the same acronym as both the source term and its "preferred" translation. Please note that unlike the Brands list, Dictionaries have to be manually activated to be taken into account.

Brands and Dictionary features are under the Settings menu and available to Linguist and Admin users.

Best regards,

Lenka  

emoji