Create Dictionary Documentation Inconsistent with User Control Panel

I'm following the documented procedure to create a Dictionary and step 2: Go to the Settings tab. is not visible in my user control panel. Tabs "Translate", "Reports", and "Connect" exist but not Settings. Please advise how I can access the Settings tab.

emoji
Parents
  • Hello Chris,

In Language Weaver, the ability to create and manage dictionaries is reserved for Linguist and Admin users. Based on the menus available to you, it looks like your user role is Translator. Translators can use existing dictionaries, but they cannot manage them. If you can have your user role changed to Linguist, you will see the Settings menu and will be able to create dictionaries.

Will you please let me know what type of Language Weaver account you have? Is it an Enterprise account or one of the Language Weaver accounts available to Trados Studio users?

I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Best regards,

Lenka  

emoji
  • Hello Chris,

In Language Weaver, the ability to create and manage dictionaries is reserved for Linguist and Admin users. Based on the menus available to you, it looks like your user role is Translator. Translators can use existing dictionaries, but they cannot manage them. If you can have your user role changed to Linguist, you will see the Settings menu and will be able to create dictionaries.

Will you please let me know what type of Language Weaver account you have? Is it an Enterprise account or one of the Language Weaver accounts available to Trados Studio users?

I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Best regards,

Lenka  

emoji
Children